Position: Residential Nurse
Location: Fayette, OH
Classification: Full Time, Salary Exempt
The Residential Nurse position is a valuable part of the Residential Treatment Team at Serenity Haven residential facility. The Residential Treatment Team consists of the Site Supervisor, Therapist, Case Managers, Nurse, Psychiatrists, Counselor Assistances and Behavioral Health Technicians. This team actively works together and collaborates regarding the care of residential clients seeking treatment for mental health, substance use and dual diagnosis disorders with the goal of assisting female individuals in establishing a plan for immediate and long term wellness and recovery. Additionally, the residential nurse is a part of the larger nursing team that works with psychiatrists, counselors, case managers in serving client needs on an outpatient basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works to develop rapport and trusting relationships with patients served.
2. Educates the patient on applicable medical conditions, medications, substance use disorders, mental health disorders and/or dual diagnosis disorders. Monitors symptomology.
3. Works with patient to problem solve barriers to wellness and self-administering medications as directed by the prescriber. Provides oversite of patient medical medical issues consulting with the DON and Medical Director as needed.
4. Assists the patient in medication set up and educates the patient on administering of medication to prevent medication errors.
5. Ensures proper storage and tracking off medication with accreditation standards and best practice models.
6. Assists the psychiatrist is assessing the patient and follow up the medication checks.
7. Conducts observed urine drug screens.
8. Collaborates and coordinates care with treatment team regarding wellness of patient.
9. Maintains patient documentation within the patient record and submits billing of services in a timely manner.
10 Follows agency policy and procedure and maintains compliance with accreditation bodies – CARF and OMHAS. Acts in an ethical manner within the best practice methods established by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing
11. Operates as a team member of the larder agency nursing team and assists outpatient nursing staff and psychiatric staff.
1. LPN required, RN preferred, and graduation from an accredited nursing program.
2. Experience in the nursing required; experience in the mental health field preferred.
3. Possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Subject to a BCI background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Deadline for Application: 11/23/2018
Please send resume to: Jodi Hybart
511 Perry St.
Defiance, OH 43512
Equal Opportunity Employer