Our Mission, Vision and History
The mission of Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio is to provide prevention education, outpatient, and residential services with a focus on individuals struggling with substance use, mental health and co-occurring diagnosis disorders. Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio believes ongoing recovery should be based on the goals of the client, however abstinence based with community oriented support groups.
To be the leading provider of Substance Use and Mental Health services in Northwest Ohio.
Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio, formerly known as Five County Alcohol/Drug Program has provided outpatient alcohol/drug treatment and prevention services since 1975. In our commitment to continually enhance the quality of our services our agency has experienced many changes such as the following:
- 1999 – Serenity Haven, a 16 bed women’s residential program opened in Fayette, Ohio.
- 2004 – Fresh Start Homes, a men’s long term residential program merged with our agency, then known as Five County Alcohol/Drug Program. The program is still located in Alvordton, Ohio.
- 2004 – The agency was certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health, allowing the provision of mental health services, which includes dual diagnosis treatment, psychiatric services, anger management and case management.
- 2005 – The agency was certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities CARF.
- 2007 – April 20th, the main office site moved to the Gene Smart Community Center at 511 Perry St. Defiance, Ohio
- 2007 – April 20th, the agency’s name was officially changed to Recovery Services of Northwest Ohio to reflect the changes and additions of our services and our mission.